Check out our digital advent calendar and see who is behind 4 Dec and don't forget to check every day until Xmas day and see all the pictures we have taken with all your projects in 2023.
Lucy always has a happy smile
Filming in our drama group
Getting messy in art
Workshops with friends at Enable
Sheffield Voices is a self-advocacy group with dedicated members and staff that ensure that everyone feels welcome and that they take part during activities.
Self- advocacy is about standing up for yourself, your rights, and your communities rights. It's being able to support and speak up for yourself and others in a friendly way.
We work with adults in Sheffield and the surrounding areas whose voices are seldom heard. We are made up primarily of adults with a learning disability and autistic adults but we are also a welcoming and inclusive group.
We run sessions both face to face and online through zoom around self-advocacy, issues affecting the learning disability community, creative sessions, and social groups.
Our website is designed and run by our members, staff, and volunteers.
Our website is a place where you can:
- Get information in an easy read format
- Get information on our groups
- Where you can tell us your stories
- Where you can show us the things that you are making and doing in your day to day lives
- Where we share information and talk about training we offer
- Hear about our current projects and how to get involved
We want to bring people together, fight for our rights, and help everyone live the lives they want to live.