This policy applies to information collected on this website.
We are the Data Controller of personal information for the purposes of General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
We only collect information about you that:
- Helps us make the site work better for you
- Let’s us contact you if we need to
- Let’s us give you accurate local information if you need it
- Shows us how you are using the site, so we can keep improving it
- Helps us understand why you support our work, so we can better meet your needs and find more people like you
Parts of the site may ask you for more information so that you can use services or complete transactions. You’ll always be told when this information is being collected. In many cases you’ll beasked to enter it –for example, an email address for correspondence. This information will only be used for the purposes stated and will not be shared with any third parties.
The information we collect
- We collect the following information from people visiting the website:
- Questions, queries and feedback you leave, including your email address if you send us email or sign up to receive our newsletter
- Your IP address and which web browser (and version) you use
- Information on how people use the site, using cookies and page tagging, to help us improve the website and our services
- If you send us feedback, your message will be kept
All data we collect is anonymised unless you provide your name.
What are cookies?Like most websites, our site uses small data files stored on your computer called cookies. Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Your web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome) then sends these cookies back to the website on each subsequent visit so that they can recognise you and remember things like personalised details or user preferences
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential to make the site work. Examples of this are the cookies we need to make the donation and events registration forms work.
- Functional cookies improve your experience of the site, remembering your preferences, such as your accessibility settings, helping to make the site accessible to users with different needs.
- Performance cookies are used to help improve the performance of our site and help us learn what works best so that we provide you with the best experience.
- We use functionality from social websites such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to allow you to share content from our site on these social networks and use their functionality. These sites use third party functionality cookies to allow this to work.
- We may also use third party behavioural advertising cookies to help make our advertising to you as relevant and useful as possible.
It is possible to stop some or all cookies working on your browser (opt-out), although this may stop sheffieldvoices.org.uk from working properly or impair your experience. You will need to refer to your particular browser's user information on how to manage cookies.
How we store your personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
- Payment transactions are encrypted.
- The transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. We’ll do our best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
- We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your information
Any information we collect is used to:
- Improve the content and design of the website.
- Let you use interactive features, when you choose to do so
- Contact you, with your permission
We never share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your personal information to any other website.
Use of postal addresses and phone number
sIf you enter your postal address or phone number into any of our online forms, we may use these details to contact you, unless you ask us not to. If you have given us your postal address or phone number and would prefernot to be contacted by these means, please contact us by contact Page
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share visitors’ personal data to comply with a legal obligation
- For law enforcement purposes
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, you have the right to:
- Ask us not to process your personal data
- See information we hold about you
- Ask for inaccurate personal data to be corrected
For a copy of the personal information we hold about you, write to the Data Protection Officer, Disability Sheffield Centre for Independent Living, The Circle, 33 Rockingham Lane, Sheffield, S1 4FW. When we are satisfied of your identity we will send you a copy of your personal information that we are legally required to disclose.
Please contact us at the same address if you believe that information we hold about you is inaccurate and want it to be corrected.
Links to and from our website
When you come to our website from another website, we may get personal information about you from the other website. Read those websites’ privacy policies if you want to know about this.